Thursday, January 6, 2011

Comfy Cushions

Having a place to sit down and unwind after a long day is often a welcomed idea. That's why there are family chairs one wants to return to its comfy glory.  The project:  bringing a family rocking chair back to life.  My part: to create new cushions for the chair.  The challenges: fabric that was long lasting, required little maintenance (high traffic area) and that would stay true to the design of the chair.  After cushions were cut to fit and patterns made, the adventure began.  First timer on this style of cushion and covers I expected road blocks along the way.  I must say, the work went smoother than expected and the finished product, well, I could not have asked for a better finish! Deadline was met!

Hope the rocking chair is revitalized and gets 10 more years of use!

And yes, I would do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment