Thursday, January 24, 2013

Where I've been

For the most part, 2012 served as the year of the balancing act.  And seems like I have room to grow in that department.  Between being a full time wife and mami, being a Pampered Chef, and lover for all things crafty time is just not on my side. Or so it seemed.  Add to that training for 5k, 10k and 1/2 marathon (ck bucket list).  Sleep, what sleep?

What I found out and I try to remind myself daily in 2013, it is all a state of mind.  It is an attitude.  Negative. Positive.  Fast forward to now and I am still a wife and a mami, still a Pampered Chef, still crafting, still training, and add a Part time job back in my field of architecture (thank goodness it is from home!)

I am alive.  Making it.  What has changed?  I get done what I can and do not worry about the things that don't, however big or small they might seem.   Well, try not to worry as much lol  Matthew 6:34 "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."   Also seemed to do better with my time and what I have been given when I have more to do.  To do list=organized schedule=done! 

2012 seemed to be the year of excuses along with the lack of balancing...too tired, distractions, husband is working late, child, you name it.  I found myself balancing by not doing.  Not fun. Left me feeling more tired and bummed, guilty and comparing.  Which only led to wanting to do more but not doing.  Did not even post here the projects I did get done. 

One month into 2013 and I feel like I have accomplished, done, finished more than in 2012 combined.  I have been given this day. Taking it one day at time.  On this day I choose to....play, clean, cook, dance sew, craft, work out, read, or sleep, rest, relax.  I remind myself I have no 'real' deadlines just the ones I place on myself for all things house.  Give thanks when I am given the chance to do anything.  New attitude.  Behold, things get done! 

Here are some of the 2012 projects that went undocumented....

Attempt at mid-year organization....sure is helping now!

 Calling all Super Heroes!
SUPER SOPHIA!



Shameless Disney tribute!

Our little caterpillar!


Here is to 2013...
"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? " Luke 12:25
No worries, just doing and enjoying!

No comments:

Post a Comment